Monday, April 26, 2010

Shi-Tzu

While waiting in the hall outside of the kindergarten room, I waited for a little girl to complete a series of questions asked by the kindergarten teacher. As I stood in the hall I listened intently to hear the questions and answers. The shy little girl was unusually talkative that day, and she was adding much more to the conversation than simple answers to the direct questions asked by the teacher. When the little girl told the teacher that Panda knocked coloring books and drawings down from the refrigerator, the teacher became curious. She began asking questions since Panda is an unusual name for any pet.

The teacher asked the little girl if Panda was a dog. She said, "No, Panda is our cat, but we have a dog. He is a Shi-Tzu." The little girl unnaturally drew out the word Shi-Tzu, and I breathed a sigh of relief when she finished - until her next comment. She then informed the teacher that he shit all over the house! All I could do was blurt out, Alyssa! I was laughing so hard. She said it in all seriousness. I couldn't stop chuckling to myself. The teacher was smiling when I entered the room after the interview. I told her she could probably write a book on the funny things kindergartners say, but she went on with the discussion as if nothing had happened.

And how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment