Sunday, April 25, 2010

Why can't you keep a secret?


Everyone at some point has told a child a secret in the hopes that they will keep it just that...a secret. In my case, I did something that a child witnessed and had no idea this child would spill the beans.


One afternoon, while babysitting my precious niece, I decided that we would go fishing. Earlier in the day, I had drank a couple of energy drinks followed by a diet pepsi. Now everyone knows that there are usually no restroom facilities out in the middle of nowhere; not even a porta potty, especially when you need one.


At the end of our trip, after holding it for several hours, I just couldn't hold it anymore. While nobody was looking (or I thought no one was looking) I crouched behind a vehicle and did my business. Around the corner comes that sweet innocent niece of mine; taking one look at me and then screaming "Aunt Heather, you are supposed to go pee pee in the potty!" I tried explaining to her that sometime you just have to go where you can but she just didn't understand.


Of course my fiance' comes running because he thinks there is something wrong. By this time I was done but not in time for me to get my pants up before he could see what I was doing. Even if I did get my pants up in time, my niece started blabbing once she saw him.


I didn't think about it again. Well, until my sister called. She explained to me that my niece had just gone to the bathroom outside. I tried to act surprised but that didn't work. She then proceeded to tell me that my niece's response to her outside bathroom inquiry was "But, Aunt Heather said you just go where you can!"



No comments:

Post a Comment